Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day Two

Dear Darling Daughter:

Dad and I woke up to a beautiful sun filled morning, but as the fog of sleep left our brains reality filled our broken hearts. Our beautiful daughter is missing. The memories of holding my husband of 24 years as he sobbed in my arms last night flashed through my head. I have never seen him cry like this before, my heart breaks for him.

My heart breaks for you today. I know you are confused and emotionally spent. You have been through a lot this last year. I know you miss Poppa and Grandmom we all do. My wish is for you to come home and talk to us, but I know in your eyes right now Dad and I are the enemy. I am sorry.

Your cell phone is on, your voice mail needs reset. I will text to you both of your cousins telephone numbers in Denver so that you will not be all alone.

REMEMBER what we told you about that little gut feeling. Watch for it and please act upon it if it should arise. We will help you start your own life if you will let us. We love you with all of our hearts! We miss you!

Mom

3 comments:

frugalsuz said...

SunEDay,
I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has gone off with her boyfriend. I truly hope she is safe and reaches out to you.

Martivir said...

SunE,

Here's a link to a website that might help your daughter. http://www.youarenotcrazy.com/

Even though I had already left, it helped me so much to realize that it wasn't just me.

JMo said...

SunEDay, My heart breaks to hear the news about your daughter. I hold you and your entire family in my heart. I project that she's safe and one day, she will return to her family.
What other words I can say, I really don't know. Maybe this quote will help. It's all I can do in this little box.
Love is not measured by how many times you touch each other but by how many times you reach each other.
By loving your daughter unconditionally and you and your DH do, you are reaching her. It just takes patience on your part for her to understand the situation and come home to YOU. Stay strong! Us hounds are all surrounding you with love and support. Don't forget that when you lay your weary head on your pillow at night or wake up in the morning.
You will get through this! We are the Pound! We are invincible. We are all here for you. Don't forget that in these difficult times. WOOF!